Blogger ID

Blogger ID

Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, December 8, 2023

I HAVE "THE WATCHING THE SNOWFALL MONOTONY BLUES"

I have "the watching the snowfall monotony blues,"
In Michigan the snowfalls always come in twos,
One lasts all night, the other lasts all day,
And, I expect the last one at some midpoint in may,

And, what about that rascal sun,
He shows up at sundown and then he is done,
And, what about the moon and stars?
They're simply legends told in snow stuck cars,

For summer days I have been grieving,
Though perhaps my memories are deceiving,
I remember the warmth from the golden, bright skies,
Perhaps, in my winter dementia the truth, it lies,
How could summer weather be so keen,
And, winter weather triple mean,
I do not know when I snowblow,
If I'll freeze a finger or a toe,

In Michigan we dig our ditches deep,
Sliding vehicles we stack in a heap,
And, if my wood pile does not stay dry,
Then, I will quickly freeze and die,

So, if you're looking for a place to go,
Come to Michigan, we have ice and snow,
 For we have sleds, and skies and affordable dining,
But, if you love sunshine, better quit your whining. 

P01012021

No comments: